Monday, August 27, 2007

Cherry Gingham #2 - Much Better



So here's what happened to the leftover cherry gingham. I used the skirt-only views of Simplicity 1664. Minus the appliques, natch.



The skirt went together quickly and easily, although, once again, it was much larger than I expected. Odd, considering that when I made the jumper (View 1) I didn't have to take it in at all. Hmmm, clearly I'm missing some basic point of clothing construction. Anyway, it was easy to take in all four seams until it fit.

There wasn’t enough fabric left to make the waistband (tossing out fabric I need is becoming a running theme). I made a waistband out of black twill and covered the raw edge at the hem in black double fold bias tape. That makes the contrast waistband look intentional, right?

I like it a lot. I think it will be very cute with red flats and a black peasant top.

No comments:

Post a Comment