Friday, August 24, 2007

Super Cute Jumper!

I loved making this one! (View A



I cut the pattern out just before we moved in May. When I finally got around to putting it together near the end of June, I was really surprised at how easy it was. The instructions actually made sense for a change! It only took the better part of an afternoon to put it together, minus hanging the skirt over night for the seams to set.

There was some trouble with the shoulder straps as I accidentally attached some of the iron-on interfacing to the wrong sides of the strap fabric. I had to re-shuffle everything to get the right number of pieces. One section of the strap ended up with no facing at all. I really hope that strap doesn’t go limp and awful after wearing the jumper a few times. Fingers crossed!




Here it is on the dress form along with a white puff-sleeved H&M top. Won’t this little number be fetching with some clunky Mary-Jane shoes?

Sorry about the picture being so dark. I'm trying to come up with a better way/place to take photos.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love that it has a little bit of curviness to it as opposed to most jumpers I see. Mary is interested in making a jumper, I will point her this way.

    ReplyDelete