Monday, September 17, 2007

(Not Sewing Related): I Love You Vampires!

Over the weekend, there was a blood drive for Loren Schaller. Loren is a teenage girl who was randomly stabbed by a convict who was released on a Friday with no supervision due to some clerical error. Luckily, because of three heroes (complete strangers!) who were able to pull him off her, she survived. The story is here.

I'd never given blood before and I was totally terrified, but you know what? It was easy! The nurse was super nice and it was over in about 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, I didn't eat enough (an Odwalla and 1/4 pint of pasta salad) that day and I got pretty sick afterwards. Not barfing or "go to the hospital" sick. I just had some pretty intense motion sickness. I spent the rest of the day in bed, which is never a bad thing, in my book.

I plan to give blood regularly from now on. Not only can I feel proud of myself for saving a life, but I think giving blood might double as a beauty treatment. My skin has never looked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment