Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year, New Post

My new year's resolution will be to post here more often.

Okay, I said it. Now I have to do it. I'm going to shoot for once a week but we'll see how it goes. At minimum, I'll try for every other week.

I have two completed projects, a giant pile of recently acquired patterns, and a big box of fabric from fabric.com, all just waiting to be posted here. That should give me, ahem, material for a while.

Here are two of my new patterns. I adore the bateau neck on 4360. 4347 is lovely too. I'm rather fond of the slim version with sleeves. The full version is nice too, although I'd keep the sleeve short. I'm always drawn to full gathered skirts but they aren't really the best on me. I wonder if a crinoline would make any difference? I wouldn't want to be all poodle-skirt-y, but I think just a little bit of puff might balance out my figure and release some of the bulk around my hips from all those gathers.




I'm interested in who these pattern artists were and how it is that the same girls appear over and over again. Did the pattern companies hire models for each season? Are these women friends or relatives of the artist? I've googled but I haven't had much luck. I can't be the only person interested in this, can I?

3 comments:

  1. Hi G. I can't wait to see your new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

    Sorry for offtopic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete