Friday, March 21, 2008

More Stash!

I seem to be getting over my aversion to pack-rattiness. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. But I am sure that super-duper discount pricing is very hard to resist. Here is some more stash from fabric.com.



I bought six yards of this baby-whale leopard corduroy! I’d really like to get a jumper, pencil skirt, and either capris or skinny-legged trousers out of it. Since there is nap to think about, I will probably have to choose two garments to make. Even then, I’ll have to be very careful when cutting to make sure I get the most out of my fabric.

Rhetorical question: Is it possible to have too much leopard print in one’s wardrobe?



This teal and yellow brocade was too lovely (and cheap) to pass up, but I’m really scared of it. I’ve sewn with this kind of fabric before but, since I like this so much, I’m afraid it will be all ravely and slippy and my machine will eat it. That would be really sad.



I want to make it up with Butterick 8038, but I’m a little frightened of the pattern too. I’d like to try the full skirted sleeveless version. I’m not sure if the four yards I bought will be enough. Maybe if I shorten the skirt?

Whatever pattern I end up using, a fabric this pretty and shiny should be made into a spectacular piece, not a forever UFO. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for something on Ebay. I’ll be looking for something fabulous and easy. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the leapard print corduroy! Does it have any stretch to it? That would make it the best... (that little bit of stretch in modern fabrics makes it so much easier to wear/make the tight-fitting stuff)

    And I don't think it's actually possible to have too much animal print in your wardrobe. It is definitely possible to wear too much at one time, but not possible to have too much!

    ReplyDelete