Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vintage Repro Fabric

I found both of these vintage-looking prints on sale at fabric.com.



This lovely plaid is by Darlene Zimmerman for Robert Kaufmann. I would like to fill my stash with the Clothesline Club line of fabrics. The whole collection is adorable. I'd love to have dresses made from each and every print. I lurve lurve lurve it. I am 99% sure that this will be the fabric I'll use for my Gatsby dress this year. Unless 4 yards isn't enough to match the plaids. Fingers crossed.

* * *



Could? You? Die? Isn't this mid/mod fabric just too much? I hope I have enough to make a 50s dress with a full skirt.

I don't know why I always buy 4 yards of everthing. It seems like it will be enough when I'm placing the order, but when I see how small it looks in the stash... 5 yards would be better.

More fabric is always better.

2 comments: