Thursday, October 1, 2009

Patterns! And It Don't Stop

More Patterns!

No Gatsby for us this year, as it was the same weekend as the Cal Meelee. I thought this might work as a future Gatsby dress. (Why oh why won't I just buy a fricken 30s pattern like a normal person?) I'd have to make it a bit longer, of course, and do a little tailoring as its a bit 80s/baggy. But I like the collar and the buttons down the side.



* * *

Ignore the boring "lady on a cruise" styling on the envelope and focus on the cuteness of the sarong skirt. Also, this was from the thrift store (uncut!) for 69 cents and therefore totally irresistable.



* * *

I don't care if its 1980s "power work-wear". Its also the sexiest dress EVER.



Unfortunately in my excitement (thrift store, uncut, 69 cents) I did not notice that the instructions are in French. I do not speak ze French. Sacre bleu!

6 comments:

  1. didn't anyone ever tell you that a picture's worth a 1,000 words? (or something to that effect)
    go with the french direction's diagrams.
    when it comes to directions, the written stuff is greek, even when it's written in english!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know enough now to do the construction anyway!
    I hope you also found some SHOULDER PADS at that thrift store!!! he he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell anyone, but I've been liking the look of shoulder pads lately. Not the ginormous linebacker ones, that we remember from the 80's. I like the little half moons that you see in vintage suit jackets or sometimes in a puff sleeve sweater. I think a little shoulderiness can be cute, if it's done right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny about that Elegance pattern. Simplicity must have sold their patterns in France under that name because that illustration looks just like one of their Style patterns from the late 80s or early 90s. I wonder if they used the same pattern number too. Too bad we can't really check because Style patterns are one of the rarest brands to find online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super votre Blog Gabriella !!! Et en plus vous avez des patrons en fran├žais !! hihihi !!!

    ReplyDelete