Monday, December 7, 2009

Crafty Green Baby Shower

Our friends Andy and Kellie are having twins, and this weekend we went to their baby shower. They are hip rock-and-roll types so, naturally, they had the shower at a most awesome location: Speakeasy Brewery. It was a nice afternoon. The catering was super, the beer was stellar, of course, but the best part was the gift assignment!

A & K are very green earth conscious types so they requested that, if one felt compelled to give them a gift at all, all gifts should be recycled or handmade. MD and I had lots of fun trying to come up with a homemade gift. We wanted it to be something twin themed, but not corny, and something we could work on together. We thought and thought and finally came up with the idea of personalized rock-and-roll onesies.

It was tough thinking of two sets of twin and rock-and-roll themes. We wanted pairs of words or images that could work together as a set but could also stand alone. I came up with these:



These were MD's idea. (That's a Fender Twin amp.)



The onsies came from the thrift store and we had iron-on transfer paper left over from another project. We wrapped our gift in a shoe box with wrapping paper I'd saved from my birthday gifts. Total expenditure: $4. Total brand-new "stuff" purchased for this gift: Not one thing. Win!

4 comments:

  1. Oh! those are really cute! and thinking "green" is great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I forgot to tell you I gave you an award in my blog, I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - homemade gifts are the best! I'm doing a similar idea with onesies for Morten... and there's one with a cutout (from an old t-shirt) in the shape of a wrench appliqued on it - I'll have to get a picture.

    ReplyDelete