Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Friends Are Awesome, Happy Holidays!

I have super duper extra wonderful friends. When my friends Angela and Katie were visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday, Angela noticed my aluminum canister set sitting on the kitchen counter.



She said that she had the matching bread box and had been trying to sell it on Craigslist, but there hadn't been much interest. She said it was kind of beat up, but she wondered if I would want it. (Um...HELLS YES!) I told her that I'd love to have it and it magically arrived in the mail a few days after she returned home.

It's completely gorgeous (not really beat up at all) and it holds a ton of bread, cookies and crackers.



It looks great on my counter top and makes a nice book-end for my cookbooks.



Win! My friends are the best!

- - -

I hope that, whatever holiday you celebrate, this year's has been (or will be) the best!

We are heading up north this weekend to see the hub's family and maybe drop in on my family too. The hub's family celebrates Christmas with great gusto, while my family celebrates Bah Humbug. In fact, my dad has managed to split town just before Xmas two years running. At any rate, I enjoy seeing MD's family and they love to see us, so I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

Here's the test run of my "visiting the family" outfit.



I made the skirt, the shoes are Newport News, and the red v-neck sweater came from the flea market. MD's mom got me the grey embroidered sweater for Xmas last year. Isn't it fun? I think it's somewhere in-between the cliche (but much loved) tacky Christmas Sweater and one of those super cute Mexican souviner felt jackets. It's kinda goofy and I just love it!

Wishing you and yours the very best! xoxoxo!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, you have an awesome friend. I have the same aluminum canisters, will love to find the breadbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those canisters - they were my Grandma "Bambi" Betty's! Sweet breadbox. To friends! xo

    ReplyDelete