Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Friends Continue to Be Awesome

I am again the beneficiary of my wonderful friends' generosity! Miss Kate Dana (who blogs at Kukaru) sent me a box full of vintage recipe pamphlets and ephemera from the 40's thru the 60's.



They are all wonderful! I've scanned a few of my favorites to share with you.

Ready to lose some of those holiday pounds? How's about the Knox eat and reduce plan? "No drug...No hunger." Just fill up before meals with a low calorie gel beverage!





























On a gelatin-free vegetarian diet? No problem! How about a little Choplet-Burger in a can?



If that doesn't appeal to you, you can always Keep Slim and Trim with Domino Sugar menus. This illustration is just amazing. I love that swimsuit!



Here are some more vintage 50's swimsuits from the Scenic South - Florida travel guides. Those of us in colder climes could use a little sunshine right about now, don't you agree?






Thank you Kate Dana for sharing these with me!

2 comments:

  1. Those images are great!!! I love the swimsuit also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me out on the "meat-like burger" LOL! The food just never looks appealing in those vintage ads does it? I wonder how it looked to people 50 years ago...

    But those vacation ads are fabulous! I think you could frame a few of them.

    ReplyDelete