Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thank You Aunt Maria!

A while back, my Aunt Mary (a wonderful fine artist who blogs at Maria Bales Art Blog) sent me some wonderful fabric from her stash! I was so pleased and flattered that she'd think of sending all this gorgeous fabric to me!

This amazing 70s Art Deco Print will be a blouse, I think.



***

I might just have enough of this similar print to make a dress. It's hot pink, yellow and green. I don't know why the scanner insists on making the hot pink into purple.



***

This rayon flower print is my favorite color combination. I think it would be a cute 40s dress.



***

This polyester flower print rules. I'm thinking ... 60s style bikini swimsuit and a matching cover up...? There is a ton of it but I don't think I have to use it up in one go.



***

This dusty rose print is pretty stiff; almost like denim. I think it might be upholstry fabric. Still, I think it would be a nice dirndl skirt and matching bolero jacket. I think the stiffness of the fabric would make the skirt nice and poofy.



***

It's impossible to see unless you biggify the picture, but there are stripes and geometric flowers in this white fabric. I think there is enough here to make a blouse or two. It's a mid-weight poly blend, so not exactly shirting, but I think it will be okay for a structured blouse.



Thanks Aunt Mary!

3 comments:

  1. These are great fabrics! How fun! I especially like the first two...oh and the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity! Come check out my fledgling blog sometime, www.jivingivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome Gabby. Glad you could use them and like them. I really liked the green fabric, but never got around to using it. The black with yellow roses, I was going to make a long dress out of, but never got around to that either.
    Have fun.
    How's the job hunting going?
    Check out my new blog: http:// littledressesforHaiti.com
    Love....

    ReplyDelete