Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lip Curlers

I found these totally awesome lip hair curlers while I was out thrifting.

They work basically the same way as rag curlers except there is a wire inside that you bend (instead of tying a knot). There is a small opening in the center of each curler that you slip your hair through. Then you just roll it up as usual and twist the ends. Pretty neat. AND there's the extra added bonus of looking like Heat Miser when you are done rolling.

The packaging says that they are extra soft so you can sleep in them. While not the most comfortable things to sleep in, I find them more comfy than foam curlers. The set is less frizzy than foam roller curls too.

Unfortunately, two of the ten curlers are missing. Its a bit hard to separate my hair into eight rollers and still get as much curl as I usually like. Not sure why, but I seem to have better results when I use these with a center part rather than a side part.

I've set my hair with these a couple of times with varying results and, of course, I don't have any pictures of a good set. The set below came out a little puffy and un-curly. I think its because I used too much product. I went a little crazy with the curly mousse and water and this is what I got. The sets with less product yielded defined smooth curls that lasted about two days.


...and here's some more Heat Miser for your viewing pleasure.

6 comments:

  1. Those are great! I have the foam twist type rag curlers from Conair, but they don't have a slit to slide your hair through. I always end up with too much frizz. I set my hair in pin curls last night and they came out ok, but no curl in the back. I think my hair didn't dry all the way through. I might try it with pin curls in front and sponge in the back next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, i love everything about this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had gotten those at a five below store and lost them when I moved. The don't have them anymore. Where did u get them?

    ReplyDelete