Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Disneyland Dream

While I work on my "what I got for Xmas" post, please enjoy this film from 1956. (The year our house was built!) Try as I might, I can't embed a smaller sized linky thing that won't bleed into the side bar. If you'd like to see an unobstructed version, click the "Internet Archive" link below.

From Internet Archive: "In July 1956, the five-member Barstow family of Wethersfield, Connecticut, won a free trip to newly-opened Disneyland in Anaheim, California, in a nationwide contest. This 30-minute amateur documentary film tells the fabulous story of their fun-filled, dream-come-true, family travel adventure, filmed on the scene at Walt Disney's "Magic Kingdom" by Robbins Barstow.

In December 2008, "Disneyland Dream" was named to the National Film Registry by the Librarian of Congress."

6 comments:

  1. This was so fun to watch! Thanks for posting it :-) The Atomic Ranch House blog posted it just a little while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!

    To adjust the player to fit, go to the HTML mode of editing in Blogger and find where it says: height="506" width="640"

    Change those to height="400" width="534"

    400px is the standard Blogger post width, so you just need to resize down to that by subtracting the same amount from height and width.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since clicking on your blog by accident I find myself returning often. Thank you for the frequent updates!
    Best of Heath and Happiness in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kim: Isn't it tho? I love looking at all the folks in the background of the shots.

    @ Kitt: THANK YOU so much! I followed your advice and fixed it. My readers are the BEST!!!

    @ComedyRocks: Thanks!

    Happy New Year Everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ keira white: I've deleted your comment because it reads like spam (off topic and nonsensical). I hate deleting comments, but I would prefer to keep spam out.

    ReplyDelete