Friday, April 8, 2011

Lost: One Mojo

Hi All.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've been away for a bit. A combination of work kicking my ass, preparations for Viva, psyching myself up for an upcoming performance (I'm not really a performer), and a family health tragedy that is breaking my heart, I sort of lost my will to blog. I've been thinking about blogging, heaven knows I have stuff to show you, but I just can't seem to sit down at the computer and DO it.

So in order to prevent my lack of blogging from making me feel like a loser, (or becoming one of those situations where you wait too long to write a letter and then feel like you would have to apologize so much when you finally sit down to write it, that it's better not to even bother) I am officially taking a break.

I will be back in mid-May with some new projects, that 200 followers giveaway I promised, and maybe some photos from Viva.

In the mean time, I will breathing deeply and trying to keep up with reading your blogs. You all keep me going, one vintage dress at a time. Thanks for sticking with me!

...and so that this is not a completely picture-less post, here is today's outfit.



Shoes: Sofft Venezia
Skirt: Self-made Vogue 7523 c.1950
Tank: Forever 21
Cardi: Old Navy
Black Cherry Pendant: So Good Jewelry
Glasses: Allyn Scura Eyewear


xoxoxo
Gabriella

21 comments:

  1. See you soon :) I know how it feels so enjoy the break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've notice your absscence of bloggin.
    So you are going to perform in viva las vegas?? cool! I wanted to go BUT it is difficult for me, perhaps next year.
    Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lizzy. Lil' ol me perform in Vegas? OH no. That would be WAY too scary! I'm just singing a couple of songs in a show a friend is putting together. It will be fun, I'm sure, but I am terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsch, but I've just found you! Typical. Well I shall follow anyway as your posting style is humorous and I am in awe of anyone who can make a dress from a sheet ;-). I can knit (a bit) and am learning crochet. I enjoy the odd bit of sewing but felt things which don't fray are pretty much my level!

    Enjoy your break without guilt, I've only been blogging since January and I love it, but it does seem to suck up all of my very limited time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lakota. I love felt too! I really want to make a felt car coat, but I keep stopping short when I see the price of apparel felt. I am tempted by craft felt, but its probably a very bad idea.

    @ Angela. Thank you and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spritz on your favorite sent, breath deep and take a moment for yourself. Positive thoughts being sent your way through this trying time. Your readers are patient, we will be here friend, thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all lose our blogging mojo sometimes, life gets in the way but isn't that better to have a life, I think so!

    We've been missing you but we'll be here when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't follow many blogs so I did notice you were always at the bottom because you hadn't posted anything new, although I love your blog, you've gotta take time out when your life is hectic!

    Sorry to hear about the bad health in your family, I hope that it isn't too tough for you and that recovery is going well for the person :)

    All the best and enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you Gabby! Can't wait to see you and Morgan at Viva xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly about the feeling of guilt for not blogging regularly - please don't go there. I love your blog and I am always looking forward to reading new posts but if you need a break, you need a break.
    All the best, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone needs a break, take care of yourself and have fun at Viva. Break a leg! We will be here when you come back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you have been missed in blogland, but goodness isn't blogging time consuming?!? Especially if mentally you aren't in the right place to share your life with the world ;)
    I'm so sorry to hear that a family member isn't well: sending lots of positive thoughts and white light your way.
    I hope we manage to run into one another at Viva!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sending you lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course we will miss you during your break, but I think most of us know that chasing the mo-jo is exhausting. I have found that the best thing to do is to leave the light on and it will eventually find its way back. good luck, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute blog! You are so creative!



    www.cassylately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thankfully you still have the foresight although doubts permeate your soul, but you are still strong and focus on what your dreams might be busy that you always take a lot of time ...... smoga welfare is always with you ...de

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa.And watch-out folks for Irene if you live in the east coast. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete