Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fishy Blouse

Remember the Fish Dress? I made a blouse with the leftovers.




I made version 3.

When the pieces were cut out, I was baffled as to how they were supposed to go together, particularly the front piece. It took me forever to realize that it had to fold back in on itself and go under the collar/shoulder piece as a facing.

Once I figured that out, this blouse went together with relative ease, although it lived on the dress form for weeks while I tried to summon the courage to do the button holes. The first one is a bit dodgy but the rest look pretty good.

I thought it would be a good idea to line the blouse as quilting cottons get a bit floopy after repeated washings, but the lining made it a bit more stiff than I would like. It floats away from my body in a way that makes me look a little wider than I actually am. Or maybe I'm just used to wearing skin tight stretchy tops?

Anyhoo. I like it.



I'm still haven't discovered a really good spot for photography in the new house. I tried outside for this shot but, as it was a beautiful sunny day, I wasn't able to stop squinting.

10 comments:

  1. I love the blouse you are so clever and it looks lovely on you fits in all the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful fabric and a great choice of pattern! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blouse looks fabulous! Any concern about how it fits must not be be noticeable to others because it looks like a fantastic fit on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tasha! Your super cute blouse projects inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute!! It is very flattering and I love the color. You did a great job fitting the bodice and kudos for tackling buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda! The buttons were super scary. I'm very proud of myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I really like your choice of fabric. I think it fits well and compliments your curves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still am so in love with that fabric: how great that you had enough to make such a cute top too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Barbara: Thanks! Its all about careful planning...and ignoring the cutting diagrams. ;)

    @ Ugg Boots Outlet: Seriously? Don't make me go back to moderated comments. Delete!

    ReplyDelete