Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pattern Haul

I continue to buy patterns...



I bought this one because I thought the bodice might work for the sundress I am hoping to make from that Hawaiian print duvet I bought last year. The bodice looked a little more constructed on ebay than it does in person. Oh well. Eventually I'll find the right pattern.

* * *




I have a thing for jumper/pinnafore patterns. I love everything about this one. Hello, Von Trap Family Singers! Maybe I'm projecting my wishes, but in the pattern illustrations as it appears to be made up in a heavy fall fabric. I'll be keeping an eye out for floral-printed velvet.

* * *



Found this one at the thrift store. The photo on the pattern sleeve is awful, in my opinion. The under-blouse makes it so frumptastic. But wouldn't it be cute in a rayon novelty print? Minus the tie belt and pockets, of course.

* * *



I keep buying 60's patterns and yet I rarely make them up. Still, I couldn't leave this one at the thrift store. The (dreaded scalloped + Peter Pan) collar is so cute.

* * *



I saw this one over at Lisette's blog and had to have it. Surprisingly I found a copy on ebay right away! I love it! Look at that sweater vest! I wonder, is it possible to buy yardage of sweater knit fabric? I'm not sure I've ever seen it on the racks at my usual thrift store. If it exists, I wonder if it's difficult to work with...

* * *



Another thrift store find. I had to have this blouse pattern even though its an extra small. The pieces are fairly simple so I imagine that I could grade it up. However, the reason I wanted it was because of the cowl-front version, which to my eye has a 40s look. Guess which piece is missing? Bah! I can grade up from the illustration tho, right?

* * *



Another purchase inspired by the Hawaiian print duvet. Now that I have it in my hands, I'm thinking it might be better in a crisp, bright colored shantung. Loving that neckline!

* * *



Did I mention that I go crazy for retro (30s/40s) inspired 1970s patterns? I do! If I was to try sewing a suit, this is the pattern I would start with. (I'd move the trouser zipper to the side, however.)

* * *




When I was in high school, I had a couple of vintage blouses like this that I wore until the fabric was like tissue paper. Love!

4 comments:

  1. Such great pattern finds!! Perhaps you could buy an over-sized men's sweater at the thrift store to make the sweater vest with? I think I have seen sweater knit on fabric.com, but it was pretty pricey/ :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca - that's a great idea! My thrift store always has rows of terrible 80s men's sweaters. I could totally use one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... or you will have to learn how to knit! he he. probably altering an old sweater is easier though. Ah - makes me want to do more sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany - you should be sewing again. Everything you make is amazing!

    ReplyDelete