Monday, October 10, 2011

Dining Room Done!

It's been just over a year since we moved into the new house and we've been extremely busy. All we have left to do is the interior stairs, deck, kitchen, and then paint the exterior. There are a few other little things like trim that still needs to be painted and some baseboards that need to be installed, and a wobbly fence out back that needs to be replaced, but we are mostly finished.

I know I took a zillion before pictures...but they all seem to have disappeared. I'm afraid I may have taken them on my old phone and not moved the snaps over to the computer. Sigh. That means that all I have to show you for "befores" are the ones the realty company took before we bought the place. FAIL!

Anyway, the first space I want to show you is the dining room. See that area off to the side of the fireplace? That's what it looked like before. A small white rectangle connected to a larger white rectangle. Meh.


See the mirror on the wall? Well, we thought the whole interior of our house was painted white when we bought it. Once the mirror was off and we could see actual white paint underneath were it had been, we realized that everything was painted a sad greige which inspired us to choose light but bright tones for almost every wall in the house.

Here's what the dining room looks like now.


The Hubs built the cork hanging lamp over the table by combining a bunch of different pendant lamp kits from Lowes.

Our wonderful friend and interior designer extraordinaire Janel Holiday helped us find just the right grass cloth wallpaper for this space. The Hubs put in the bamboo floors. The bright yellow-orange paint adds a little more light to the space and it brings out all the deep orange tones in the furniture. I love this room!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moses!! This is brilliant! Well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I don't think any of our other rooms came together quite as perfectly as this one. Although they are done, I still feel like they need a little tweaking. But I love this room. So happy I could share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transformation!!! It is a fabulous space now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Your dining room looks so beautiful. Gosh.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was in this room I would never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would ever paint their walls white when they could have something is warm and inviting instead?! Beautifully done, and I adore that grass cloth wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks great, dolly!

    http://janelholidaydesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Janel: Thanks sweetie! I couldn't have done it without you!

    ReplyDelete