Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Wear The Pants

Despite sewing dress, after skirt, after dress, some mornings I just want no, need, to wear pants to work. Most of the time I go straight for classic, dark-wash, high-waisted jeans but I'm trying to break myself of the denim-for-work habit.

Actually, I've been trying to break this habit for years, with only moderate success. I think if I had more trousers like these, I might just be able to do it.

100% wool plaid Scottish Tartans by Corbin men's trousers. Thrifted in San Diego for a mere $7.

4 comments:

  1. Totally cute! I actually decided I needed to revamp my work wardrobe for fall and winter myself, I'm seriously bored with wearing jeans all the time. I can't wear dresses or skirts in the summer because of tattoos, but I can wear tights and a skirt once it's cold enough, so I'm getting off my lazy butt. Hopefully my attempts will be less half-assed than they've been in the past. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on a pant making mission, testing a few patterns in fabric given to me before I break out some fabulous plaid, al la Jeff and Steve McDonald from Redd Kross style. I do like your trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look lovely! I agree I need more trousers (sorry pants!) and skirts and well everything, I'm on a sewing mission this weekend!

    ReplyDelete