Monday, December 12, 2011

Go to the Dickens!

...and we did.

The Dickens Christmas Fair is so much fun, but I have been wearing variations on the same outfit for the past three years. I simply could NOT wear the same velvet jacket and plaid taffeta skirt again this year. I had this fantasy that I would finally sew something this year, but it didn't really pan out.

Instead, I procrastinated until the night before we went to the fair.  I decided to dig through the closet and try to come up with something different from my usual outfit.  Unfortunately there were not a lot of choices that didn't somehow involve some combination of the plaid skirt or velvet jacket. Grr!

Eventually I decided to take a page out of Barbara's book and steampunk it up a bit.  I'm so glad I did!  I was actually comfortable all day.  I love my What Katie Did corset. Win!



The husband wore his explorer ensemble. So handsome.



The fair was the fair. It's always sort of the same...and always sort of magical.  We saw wonderful performers, ate great food, chatted up the chimney sweeps, and tasted many delicious beverages.

We didn't take any photos (I didn't want to carry my camera) but here is a link to the official photo galleries.  If you want to know more about what the fair is like, here's an article from a local paper.  If you are in the Bay Area and want to check out the fair, it's running for one more weekend!

Happy Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. ooohh...love both of your outfits! My husband has the exact same pith helmet :) Sounds like it was a fun event and you look stunning in your What Katie Did corset (one of those is on my christmas wishlist!!!)

    ReplyDelete