Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Cut My Hair: And I Like It!

I am one of those women who hates getting her hair done.  I'm never really comfortable in a salon. It seems strange to have someone focusing all their energy on me and I get intimidated and shy.  Plus,  my hair is stick straight and kind of puffy and it only really does one thing (look vaguely straggly), no matter how it's cut.  Because of that, it seems that no matter where I go, no matter how much (or how little) I pay, I'm never completely satisfied.

So... I picked up the scissors and cut my own hair.  And you know what? I don't hate it.  All I did was trim my bangs and sort of angle the rest of it into a basic pageboy, but I am super happy with the way it came out. 




I'm loving how easy it is to style: a few minutes with the curling iron and I'm done!  I haven't tried hot sticks or roller setting it yet, but I'm hoping it will come out well.

Unfortunately, I still need to have a bit of the length chopped off.  I'm not quite brave enough to try snipping at the back of my head!  I will probably get that done, by a professional, before Viva, but I'm quite happy with the way the front came out and I would (and likely will) do it again!

14 comments:

  1. I love it and totally understand your salon phobia. I haven't been in years but then my hair is just blah long. I just trim the ends every now and then. You actually have a really cute hair cut. Awesome colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab! I wouldn't dare to cute my hair too much it's really thick and not easy to cut. I got over my salon phobia by finding people who know how to cut vintage styles, now I love going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I really like that style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's REALLY cute! I like it a lot! I feel the same way about salons! They always want to cut it really short because it's super fine and they always make snide little comments. Anyway, it's very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great, more power to you, sometimes we know better than others and this proves it, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies. As always you have made my day. Hugs and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having the SAME dilemma! I've just been trimming the bangs myself, but the rest of my hair is SO long. The woman I had cutting my hair before, quit the biz, and she was fine but not great anyway. Am starting to think I'll just let it get really, REALLy long and have that be my thing, lol!
    You did a great job, and always the color is FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great and I LOVE the colour!
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great and I LOVE the colour!
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color and style of your hair, you look awesome! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete