Wednesday, January 2, 2013

So, 2012 Happened.

Where have I been? Well...

We went to Viva Las Vegas again, which I did not enjoy nearly as much as in years previous.  I don't know what it was, but the whole event felt "off" to me and I just couldn't quite get my groove on.  I am not sure that we'll be going this year.



While we were at Viva we took a few days to go out the Grand Canyon...

via historic Route 66.


While we were in the forest, I met Smoky the Bear.



In August, we to Tiki Oasis, which we both thoroughly enjoyed.

    


Then in October I visited the ancestral village in Spain with my sister.



We managed to get the house painted right before the winter rains started.  Dig that crazy color!



To finish the year off,  we went to the Great Dickens Christmas Fair.  As usual, we couldn't quite commit to the straight up Victorian London costuming thingy.  This year we went as American Wild West Show Performers.  It was great fun!


...and that's about it for 2012.  In between all that fun stuff I've been sewing and not posting which is a problem because I can't remember which patterns I used to make what!

My goals for 2013 are:

1.  Sew only from the stash. This shouldn't be a problem because the stash is completely out of control!
2.  Post at least once a month.
3.  Post everything I sew, whether it's a success or not.
4.  Sell my unwanted vintage on Ebay/Etsy so that I have room for the stuff I love.

So tell me.  What have YOU been up to?  Any goals for the New Year?

5 comments:

  1. I know your feeling about VLV. It's gotten soooo big now. And I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or not.

    My plans are to sew more, then actually wear them! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baaaaaaack! Welcome back! :) It looks like 2012 was a good year for you guys! I hope you do end up going to Viva this year, as I'd love to catch up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So....that's where you've been young lsfy. Glsd to see you've been enjoyimg yourself. Looking forward to s asmashing 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all your photos - I had to Pinterest the photo of you at Tiki to my "cool peeps" board.....SO cute you are!

    I had no idea you painted the house! looks amazing - and BRIGHT!! Have you guys thought at all about possibly painting the brick out front white to match the trim? what plantings are you going to do in the front....please say topiary dinosaurs....?! :)

    looking forward to catching up more in 2013 - love you, unicorn twin...xx

    jhh

    http://janelholidaydesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to see you're back, I hope to read more posts this year and see pretty outfits :) your house looks great!

    ReplyDelete