Another OPP from my friend's mother in-law.
I started with pale bluish-grey linen that had been partially cut into pants and some random pieces of cut fabric.
I think that the oblong pieces are supposed to be the pockets, but I hate pockets so I ignored them. The long rectangles might have been intended as the waistband but I guess someone forgot to cut on the fold. The serger came in handy again to connect the two waistband pieces in the center. I'm beginning to wonder how I ever got along without that thing.
The pants weren't too far off from my size but they had only been partially cut out and the legs were a bit too wide for my taste.
I used this pattern to trim them down a bit and complete the cuts.
Once all the cutting was done, the pants went together lickety-split. I love sewing with linen. It's always so darned easy to work with. It's even easier than quilting cotton, I think. I used the serger to finish all of the inside seams and for the first time in a very long while, something I made looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside.