Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our Little Casa on a Hill Featured on Janel Holiday Interior Design

My friend Janel, from Janel Holiday Interior Design came by with her camera last Friday night and snapped a few photos of our home.  She's posted them in a photo essay on her blog. You can see them by clicking the link below.

http://janelholidaydesign.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-night-fireworks-at-gabriella.html

Janel is an incredibly talented interior designer and she is one of the most stylish people I know.  She is also an artist who makes amazing collage art and shadow boxes.  Plus she is a super sweet person.  Having her wandering around the house snapping photos made me feel so house proud.

The hubs and I are inveterate flea market and thrift store shoppers and vintage collectors.  We have so much fun finding treasures and arranging them in little groups throughout the house.  None of it is worth much or probably very desirable to anyone else, but we love our little piles of "junk."  Having our "junk" appreciated by someone who I respect so much was a real treat. I do wish I'd dusted before she came over, though.  Oh well!

Do stop by Janel's blog if you want to see the photos.  Below is a teaser snap I took myself,  just to give you a little taste of what our house is like.

The living room.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Your home looks fabulous (and soooo tidy!!!) I love all the little touches. If I remember correctly, you guys moved in around the time that I met you, right? I hope that some time in the future when Aaron and I return to the Bay Area we get to come over and visit in person! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! Yes! The next time you and Aaron are in town you MUST come over! I really missed not seeing you kids in Vegas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful home! And that view is incredible!!! It does feel good to have others appreciate your home and the work that goes into it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elisa! We really love our house. It was a "greige" mess when we moved in and we've worked hard to make it our own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your house and I love you!

    thanks for the sweet words - I treasure you + your hubby..........xxjhh

    http://janelholidaydesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Janel! I adore you too! You are simply the ginchiest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWEE!!! There is so much to love about your house - dream pets, the wahine grasscloth wallpaper, that cool bathroom tile - AMAZING!!! I also like seeing all the books that we have in common. And is that illuminated tartan side table a grill? It is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mr. Tiny! Yes, that is a Great Scotch Grill that we found new in box at a thrift store. It's far too nice to use as a grill, but it makes a great plant stand. :)

    ReplyDelete