Friday, August 30, 2013

Florida: Anniversary Dinner

For our anniversary dinner we went to Dada in Del Ray Beach.

This is a pork belly waffle dog.  It's exactly what you think it is and it's delicious.

 I had some yummy gazpacho.  Soothing in the Florida heat.  Delicious, once I convinced myself that I wasn't eating a bowl of salsa with a spoon.

 My husband is cute and silly.

 He thinks that I am silly too.

 We ate entirely too much food.


 This nice lady took our picture.

 But it came out a little blurry.


I made my dress using Retro Butterick B5209.  I only used the bodice.  
The skirt is a giant four-panel rectangle gathered at the waist.  
It's a late 40s pattern, but with the dirndle skirt, it's got a definite early 60s vibe.

 I used some lip print fabric from the stash.

 
 My husband said, "Don't look so serious."  This was my response.

Slightly better. But still serious.

 After much wine, the non-serious poses improved.

That's more like it.  Hooray wine!

4 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the dress. You have the perfect figure for 50s fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I just popped over to your blog to see what you've been up to. The halloween dress you made for Bonnie is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete