Thursday, August 15, 2013

Florida: On The Sea Front

This is probably my favorite outfit that I made for the trip to Florida.

 
I made the trousers using Simplicity 4401.  The top is  Sew Lovely B70.  Turns out, if you make a bra pattern out of cotton twill, it magically becomes a beach top!


 It was the perfect outfit for wandering the strand and looking for evidence of 
the 1960 film "Where the Boys Are".

Unfortunately, on the inside, the Elbo Room is not as cute as I remember from the film.  (Then again, the interiors were shot on a lot so I don't know what I was expecting.)  But at least it's still there!  And it's very cute from the outside!

 It was eight thousand degrees and one million percent humidity that day.  But, as I come from the land of perpetual Fall, I won't complain about a little heat.

 Still, I couldn't wait to get back under that parasol.

9 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in this outfit - I love it!!!!!!! The pants are such a flattering shape and fit. I must admit I would be super nervous to wear a pair of white pants, mostly because I am clumsy, and would probably end up sitting in ice cream or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit looks fantastic and I love that parasol! I remember how miserable the weather was the one time I went to Florida. We are so spoiled here in the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Melanie: Thanks! Yeah, total white pants paranoia. I pre-washed the fabric so that I can toss them in the wash if need be. Even so, every time I wear them I'm worried that I'll sit in something horrible or spill wine/coffee down my front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Elisa: Thanks! It was just. SO. HOT! I don't mind heat but the humidity was killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! And you match the Elbo Room perfectly! I think my next mission is to Florida - I've go to see all that good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mr. Tiny! Everything in Florida is pretty spread out so make sure you have lots of time and a car. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit! I just found your blog on bloglovin and had to read more about this two piece. It looks great on you, and I love the styling. (www.sewdixielou.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Clare! I just popped over to your blog to see what you've been sewing and I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete