Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stashbusting: One Pattern Two Ways

When you have small pieces of fabric to use up, you need simple patterns with small pieces.  I had a little bit of leopard in the stash and even less patchwork Madras.

Simplicity 4513 really did whip up in a jiffy.

I love the simple unstructured cut of View 3.

Love the boat neck and V-back.  So sixties!

I trimmed the edges of the neck and hemlines with a bit of purchased braid 
and added tassels in the front...

...and back.  I love tassels!

The Madras top is not as wearable.  I was worried that it would be too short, and it is.
I should have added trim (ball fringe!) to give it a bit more length.

I don't mind the midriff.  

I have cute love handles.  
 
 It's just that I can't really raise my arms (at all) without showing off my brassiere.
Maybe I need a hot pink bra?

 There are no facings.  Just bias tape trim.  I added a little bow at the back.

Successful stash busting!  Only four giant boxes and an entire shelf of fabric left to go!

3 comments: