Friday, September 5, 2014

Dotty Voile Blouse

In the stash my mom gave me there are several chunks of fabric left over from other projects; lovely stuff but oddly shaped and only suitable for patterns with small pieces. 

This cotton voile was one such chunk.

I was able to eke out a blouse by shortening it considerably, but I think I like it better that way.

The blouse is Butterick 7682.  ( Trousers are Simplicity 4401.)

I lined it with poly organza so that it's still filmy but not see-through.

This is such a comfy outfit.

I'm trying to look cool and aloof but really I just want to scream, "LOOK AT THE BACK!"

I couldn't wait to tell you all about it.

But blogging is way harder than sewing.

When you do your blog photos in the morning before work, 
most of your  shots will come out like this.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! Your blouse is stunning!! I love it!
    Did you have to modify anything on the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I shortened it at the waistline but that was it.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool outfit. The blouse looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great outfit - I love the trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Simplicity 4401 is my favorite trouser pattern ever.

      Delete